Purpose and background
After finding a high incidence of permanent neurologic disability associated
with vitamin B12 deficiency in nonanemic patients and a high prevalence of undetected
B12 deficiency in elderly individual, Dr. Eric J. Norman established Norman
Clinical Laboratory, Inc.(NCL) in 1985. NCL was the first clinical laboratory
to provide physicians with the uMMA test. NCL provides a highly accurate test
at a relatively low price to encourage physicians to use the uMMA test for screening.
|Norman, Eric Jesse|
Laboratory director, medical researcher
- Born in St. Louis, MO, Aug 22,1941
- Son of Isaac Daniel and Elva Pauline (Kuykendall)
- Married to Claudia Ruth Netherton, Dec.29, 1973
- Five children: Bethany, Laura, Jennifer, Daniel, Stephen.
- BS, Physics, U. MO , Rolla, 1964
- BA, Chemistry, So. IL U., 1970
- MS, TX A&M U., 1972
- PhD, Biochemistry, TX A&M 1977.
At the University:
- Teaching/Research Assistant Texas A&M U., College Station, TX, 1970-77
- Instructor University of Cincinnati Medical School, Cincinnati, 1978-81
- Assistant professor, University of Cincinnati Medical School, 1981-92
- Director of Analytical Research, Monarch Foundation, Cincinnati, 1992-93
- CEO Norman Clinical Laboratory, Inc., Cincinnati, 1985--
- Lab Director of Molecular Diagnostic Labs., Cin., 1997-99
- Lab Director of DNA Testing Labs.,Cin., 1998-2005
- Speaker Am. Assn. Neurologic Orthopedic Surgeons Annual Conf., Las Vegas, NV, 1986-88
- Conference Bioethical Issues, Mt. Vernon (OH) Nazarene Coll., 1996-97.
- Contbr. articles to profl. jours. Patentee in field. Retired U. S. Army Reserves, Natick (MA) R&D Center, 1975-97
- Com. Mem. Boy Scouts Am., Cin., 1997-04
- Deacon First Baptist Ch. of Mt. Healthy, Cin., 1977--
- Col. U. S. Army Ret., 1964-69, 1990-91, Vietnam, Persian Gulf War. Decorated Legion of Merit, Bronze Star.
- Former active Mem. Am. Soc. Hematology, Am. Soc. Mass Spectrometry, Mental Retardation Rsch. Ctr., Sigma Xi.